Friday, May 25, 2012

Maternity wear must-have

There is a simple and very practical maternity accessory in the market that will continue to make your regular clothes such as shorts and trousers wearable until you are due: the belly belt.


I heard about the belly belt when I was almost due with my first pregnancy that getting it might only be a waste of money. With baby number two on the way, however, I no longer passed up the chance to have one of my own.


Maternity jeans and shorts do wonder to make your pregnant belly as comfortable as possible. But not all jeans, shorts, and even leggings are a perfect fit. There is an awkward stage during pregnancy when you are big enough for your regular clothes but still small enough for maternity clothes and that's when the belly belt starts to enter. Although you can not go wrong with dresses, they won't do for a breastfeeding mom. Unless they are nursing dresses or those loose enough on the neckline for easy feeding access, you'd rather not go for them.


The belly belt is a set of three cotton cover ups in black, white, and blue and four adjustable bands with either buttons or snap-ons available in two sizes each.


The cotton cover ups will help hide your undies as your zippers come undone.


The stitching is simple that I could have made one myself had I had the time. I actually experimented on making my own maternity jeans a while back. I wore it once just to try it on, but after that, my floppy stitching just turns me off that I felt compelled to store it away.


The belly belt may be purchased online or in maternity stores such as HAB at Greenbelt 5 or the Mompreneur stall at Shangri-la Plaza Mall for Php 1,100.




- Mommy Smiley

The belly belt set.

No comments:

Post a Comment