Thursday, November 10, 2011

Matching costumes for mommy and baby


Trick or treat was something I have never experienced in my whole childhood, even in my adult life. That is, until I had my baby. I was neither into clubs nor dressing up. But I enjoy buying costumes for my nephews and neice. I bought my nephew Carlos a bumble bee, his sister Ysabel a "country" which served her two ways: during the United Nations celebration and Halloween, and my other nephew Tristan his first skeleton costume.

But having Saffron changed the way I looked at this whole dressing up thing.

Every year, our building administration sends out flyers, inviting residents to join the annual trick or treat. This year, they said the theme would be vampires, zombies, and witches. But trick or treat is supposed to be a license for kids to dress up in whatever way they want so why give a theme?! Anyway, joining either means your kids will participate or you will give the kids who knock on your door some treats.

I asked Tristan if he wanted to join Saffron in his first trick or treat and he said he would love to come as a ninja. I coudn't care less how he wanted to be dressed in because I am already preoccupied with pictures of my Saffron attending his first trick or treat.

Panic set in. I texted my husband Jon and told him that Tristan wanted to attend our building's trick or treat at 8:00 pm as ninja. My husband's reply was simple and short: "let him come whoever he wants." But I asked: "then...how about me and Sam (Saffron)? What are we gonna wear? We need to match!"

Jon to me: "MATCH??? Meaning kasali ka pa???"

Me: (Smiling) YES!!!

What to wear??? I wanted to get Sam something he can use again. A romper maybe. Oh yeah, a formal romper! So if someone invites us for a birthday dinner or wedding, he can go with us and wear the same outfit! Oh diba, sulit!

But when I checked out Bumblebee & Co. which makes costumes for kids, I found the perfect one for baby Sam.

And yes, mommy and baby matched!
Baby Sumo for less than P1500 at Bumblee & Co.

My nephew Tristan dressed in ninja costume.

Baby bee with daddy.

Hugs and kisses,
Mommy Raquel

No comments:

Post a Comment