Monday, February 27, 2012

Yummy recipe: cookies for babies


I know I have been MIA for awhile or for the longest time. I'm so sorry for that. I haven't been blogging because I find it hard to use this gadget. A gadget called the iPad. Hahaha! How stupid of me for abandoning my favored laptop for this fancy iPad that I can't seem to do the same functions. Hehehe.

Anyway, for some time now, I was having problems with my milk supply. Or so I think I was having problems with it. Hahaha. I wanted to pump more milk so I could store it. That was my goal: to store milk. It's not that I am going off to work or scared that my Saffron will starve. It's more for "just in case mommy and daddy need to go out on date nights." With some milk in the ref, I am assured that my Saffron will be ok. Hahaha. So one night, fearful that my supply is getting low, I texted mommy Smiley. (Mommy Smiley and I are our own breastfeeding support group. Just the two of us. Hahaha.) I asked if she could donate milk for my Saffron. Of course she said yes. Hahaha. Then she sent me this recipe for lactation cookies. 

After weeks of not baking, I got so eager to bake cookies again. This time, my drive was to make cookies so I could produce more milk for my Saffron. What other motivation do I need? Haha! 

Baking lactation cookies.

Wrapping the cookies individually so I can send them to my friends for a taste test. I sent mommy Smiley three dozens plus one pack for Caitlin.

The entrepreneur that I am, yes, I have turned this into a business. I am now selling lactation cookies. Hahaha! 
Each cookie recipe has flaxseed, fenugreek, and oatmeal. I don't like adding chocolates to lactation cookies because my breastfeeding teacher said that when you're breastfeeding, you should refrain from eating chocolates. So I didn't put it. Hehehe. 

Here's the recipe Mommy Smiley sent me. More than a lactation cookie, this is a healthy cookie recipe that you can make for everybody to eat. Flaxseed is high in omega 3.

Flaxseed cookies for mom, dad and kids

Ingredients:
1 cup of butter 
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
4 tbsp water
2 tbsp flaxseed 
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cup flour 
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 cups oatmeal

Direction:
***pre-heat oven to 350 F.
1. In a small bowl, mix water and flaxseed. Leave it for three minutes.
2. In another dry bowl, mix flour, salt, baking soda, and oatmeal. Set aside. 
3. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. 
4. Add eggs one at a time. Making sure to scrape all sides. 
5. Add in vanilla. 
6. Lower the speed of the mixer and add in the dry ingredients
7. Add in flaxseed mix. 
8. As soon as you see all the ingredients are well incorporated, STOP mixing.
9. Scoop in your cookie dough in a pan lined with GLAD baking paper. Make sure to give some space in between each cookies. Bake them for 10-12 mins. 

Baking is a perfect science. You need to follow the EXCACT measurements of all the ingredients and bake at the EXACT time. My oven has been with me for 20 years so I can guage the baking time. If you're new in baking, you may check your cookies after 10 minutes to see if they are done.  

Happy baking mommies!


- Mommy Raquel

2 comments: