Thursday, February 2, 2012

Accidents

Studies show that breastfed babies are more tolerant of pain compared to those who were formula fed. By observing babies' reactions to vaccine shots, it was concluded that breastfed babies can take in more pain, especially if administered during feeding.

So when my phone accidentally fell (twice, yikes!) on Caitlin's head as she was feeding from me, I comforted myself with that thought, and the fact that she hardly cried and continued to nurse.

But I believe I paid for it too when she bit me after feeding.

Quits na, anak? Peace. Mommy loves you!

- Mommy Smiley

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! Haha. I'm scared that I might also accidentally drop my phone or the iPad on Jacob's head when we're nursing (we do it sideways). But I think he's already proven he's pretty sturdy when he fell (twice also, yikes!) from our bed.

    Pero the horror and the anxiety ko naman after!

    -----
    Mr. Jacob's Mom
    www.mommyroxi.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mommy Roxi, I just started following you. I am also joining other mom blogs out there. There are so many and it's enjoyable to meet other mommy bloggers.
    Naku, huwag naman sanang iPad, utang na loob! lol! Yes, when the phone fell, we were also in bed, sideways. So, be careful. =)
    Caitlin also fell from her crib under my watch. I was sooo shaken. But when I confided with my mommy and daddy friends, I felt somewhat ok when it happended to them too and got their assurance that the baby's fine if she stops crying and that there are no visible head trauma. Buti na lang she has fatty limbs to support her. =)

    ReplyDelete