Friday, February 10, 2012

Caitlin's musical toy


My friend gifted Caitlin with a musical toy that plays a number of children's songs and lets you identify the sounds of a police car, ambulance, and fire truck, among others.


During playtime, as I let Caitlin pick her toys, I always get the musical toy for myself to play with. I would have easily chosen my phone, but she'll surely take it away from me. It doesn't bother her, however, when I play with her toys. I'd like to think that she loves sharing her stuff.

The musical toy comes with a built-in keyboard that lets you compose your own tune. And since we had this, I was able to play by ear Do Re Mi, Happy Birthday, Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, and Row, Row, Row Your Boat.

My husband called me "addict" when I played for him the second song I learned. And now I know four! I can't blame him. It's habbit-forming, and it is a big deal for me.

I played piano as a child and my dad even hired a tutor for me, but after my first recital, I quit and resigned to the idea that I am tone deaf. Since I can't carry a tune, everybody seemed to think so, too.
But I surprised myself when I was able to play some children's songs by ear. And believe it or not, I practice several times in a day! That's how much playtime Caitlin also gets since she's still not allowed to watch the television until she's two years old and by that time, it will still be limited. But more on that later.

So my husband and I both realize that I am not tone deaf afterall. I just can't carry a tune!

- Mommy Smiley

2 comments:

  1. haha! congrats! ako naman yung xylophone ni sam ang kina addict-an ko.. kaya lang twinkle twinkle lang natutunan ko.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. May bago pa akong natutunan. London Bridge. Nakaka-addict noh? Sumali ka ba sa drums and lyre sa BA, Kat?

    ReplyDelete