Friday, August 3, 2012

Happy Breastfeeding Month!

Breastfeeding is one of God's ways to let us know his wonders. It is indeed such a wonder how a mother can produce food for her infant child and how that will be enough for the baby to thrive in his or her first six months of life. Breastmilk, for me, is akin to God turning water into wine - a miracle. A miracle, too, is how a woman's life is changed when she becomes a mother. Becoming a mother and breastfeeding my child Saffron for 16 months now make me feel fortunate to have experienced God's wonders.

So as we celebrate the breastfeeding month this August, let me greet my fellow breastfeeding moms and thank those who helped me in my own journey.

To those who are still breastfeeding, keep it up! To the new moms who doubt their ability to produce milk, believe! You can do this for your baby. To the moms who fight for our right to continue breastfeeding our child vs the monster bill, thank you. We are grateful. To the moms who are advocates of breastfeeding, we need more like you. To my co-blogger mommy Smiley, thank you for being my support (group) so that we can give what's best for our babies. May God continue to bless you and may He always keep you and your babies safe. To my mom for breastfeeding me for the longest among my siblings, thank you. To my Ate for helping me during the first few months of my journey to motherhood and to my ninang Virgie for always encouraging me to breastfeed, my profound thanks. To Maricel and Beng of Medela Moms, thank you for always opening your house to new moms like me and for answering my calls when I was almost at the verge of giving up. To Abbie Yabbot, for sharing your gift and knowledge in breastfeeding to all the moms, thank you. I am also grateful to Dra. Joy Ty-Sy for helping me and encouraging me to breastfeed.

And to my loving husband who's so proud and supportive of me, thank you for giving up your space where I can confortably breastfeed and for waking up every morning to take care of Sam so I could rest more.

So before Saffron turns 1 year and 4 months on August 10, I surprised him with a cake to mark his birthdate and to celebrate the breastfeeding month as well.

Happy breastfeeding!

- Mommy Raquel
Happy breastfeeding month!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Breastfeeding Month too, Mommy! I got the lactation cookies na btw, thank you! I tried them out as well and will give the rest to my new-mom friend. :D

    ReplyDelete